Thursday, April 9, 2009

What was lost is found again

So nowadays, I smile a bit brighter...laugh a bit louder...and love a lot more!

That's right folks...I have found love again. Curiously enough, I had found it before but not appreciated the attraction at the time. You see, I am falling in love all over again with one of my old high school "sweethearts" who I found again recently. It is ironic, but I had a short and intense relationship with this person, and while it was short lived, it is burned unequivicably into my memories, as it was intense and passionate and had a lot of potential that was just never realized.

Why was it never realized, you ask? Well...let's face it...we all find romance when we are young. We often meet someone, find them fun to be around and sometimes, even hot and easy on the eyes. You kiss, you makeout...and sometimes more. You think the world is at your fingertips and you can do anything. But for one reason or another...you just did not make it or go where ya thought you would. Maybe it is because you moved. Maybe it is because two weeks later, you met someone else who set your "soul on Fire!" Maybe the other person liked you, but did not know how to say it and they just backed away. Maybe you were just young and dumb and did not know a good thing because you were young and dumb.

ANYWAY...so I meet up with my old sweetie and surprise, surprise...there is still something there. In fact, it is even more intense than ever before. Could it be? How did something that fizzled out long ago, maintain some of the flame for 20 some odd years?

As it turns out I thought of them, as much as they thought of me. Many of the feeling that should have catapulted us further in relationship status were there but apparently we both scared ourselves and never did anything more about it. There was, dare I say...love there....but we were too young to figure it out and let it slip away.

SO...here we are many moons later and I have to wonder....what would have it been like had we been brave and gone for it? What path would my life have taken? Would it have spared me the pain of my divorce and other failed relationships? But then, I remember the GOOD things that came from the path my life took (mostly my kids) and I know I would not trade the good to rid my memory of the bad.

HOWEVER....just think of the new future that lays ahead...tested but never proven and all full of the newest possibilities! Not to mention I am doing something I have not done in YEARS....finding songs that remind me of how I feel about her! GAH! Could I be any more pathetic?!?!





Yep....I am a fool in love and I am as sappy happy as they come ! (Just please...don't tell the other guys...I would not want to ruin my rep! LOL!)

No comments: